Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 3.57.26 PM.png

Humanist Entrepreneur Project Grants

Brighter Brains Institute has provided 71 project grants in the last five years, delivering funds to humanists in Subsaharan Africa to help them achieve economic sustainability. .

In 2019 BBI is awarding grants for business projects with budgets of $250-$300.

Proposals are viewed on the 25th of each month. Funds are awarded on the 1st of each month.

Guidelines are as follows:

  1. Applicants must be humanists; tell us the humanist organization you’re affiliated with, or provide a recommendation from a humanist who knows us.

  2. Groups receive preference over individuals. If you represent an organization, indicate this with copy of certification license, list of members and photo of members.

  3. Explain the project thoroughly. Budget must list all items needed and their cost.

  4. Explain how the project will make a profit; show a timeline indicating this.

  5. Explain who benefits. We like to see 10%-20% given to local humanist groups.

  6. Include your address, email, and mobile phone number with bank account attached to it, or PayPal address.

  7. Send everything in one document that includes all info to brighterbrainsinstitute@gmail.com

  8. If selected, the recipient will get 30% of funds initially, with a request to make a sign honoring the donor(s). After photo of the sign is received, the remaining 70% will be sent.

  9. Two grants every month will be awarded from January-December 2019. If you don’t receive a grant the first month, we can re-submit your proposal for the following month.

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 4.00.28 PM.png

APPLICATION (fill this out and send to us)

Your Name or Name of Group:

Number of Members, if its a Group (List their names):

Humanist Organization You Belong To:

(or) Humanist Who Recommends You:

Your Address:

Your Mobile Phone # with Bank Account:

(or) PayPal account:

Project Title:

Project Description:


Project Budget (list all items needed and their cost) Total must the $300 or less:


Project Projected Income (explain how much money it will make per month, show timeline)


Who Benefits from the Project?


email completed application to brighterbrainsinstitute@gmail.com